Sunday, June 7, 2009

Supercell near Mullen, NE

pics from yesterday....




Here is the outlook for today to start off.......


Yesterday we sat in Lexington with only an option of Iowa or the cells that began popping up in west NE....we acted fairly quick on the decision by leaving after the cells in order that we would be chasing on the way home given conditions of other severe weather wouldn't happen till later that night moving through KS into Iowa....
Shep & I along with Becca & Dave got there when the storm was still structured than the meso sheared out....this went through another process as it did recollect and developed another meso as it moved east....
We decided naturally to let the outflow pound us with some hail....quarter sized hail began dumping....this was my chance to experience the true outdoors....I went outside and Shep watched than joined me as he knew I was having way too much fun.....
All in all it was a fun chase given it could have been a total bust....lightning was later seen that night with late night convection in NE Colorado into Wyoming......
Today we have a slight risk extending all the way into NE CO....I won't be heading out to the MOD risk that is setting up in KS....
We are out of energy, sleep & rest.....we can't stay in hotels since it cost too much and production team had to return.....the last couple of days have been amazing....missing the WY tornado was unfortunate but I have to continue to hope and believe in my forecast....I will be analyzing that day as to what was missing and such....

No comments: