Monday, November 15, 2010

"Storms That Have Been Chased:" May 16th 2010 No Gas $ = Stay Close To Home


This was a typical Weather Outlook day with chance of thunderstorms on what I call the leftover side as a surface Low Pressure System is spinning happily over the three corners. With moisture leftover giving dewpoints in the mid 40s and temps at mid 60s along with shear profiles stood chances for weak isolated cells near Greeley. Knowing what a forecast and being able to chase a forecast is really hard to swallow, specially when your poor! I know many know this feeling. This was one of those days. I had a electric magnetic field perimeter set around Greeley, and I had to obide by this or my car explodes. Well Not Really! I don't have trees with money.
I woke up and checked radar seeing cells were developing parallel highway 85 moving slowly east.

They weren't impressive, but they kept trekking along.


As they got east of my apartment, they matured enough to develop some rainbow action.


I went for just a tiny weeny bit drive to get some snaps of the development.
The lake was nice to watch from just on the brink of town.



Than returned back knowing full well I couldn't chase these which would become an isolated dieing supercell. Oh well :(
For the backside of this supercell put on a nice demonstration of mammatus. Very nice to sit in my lawn chair and watch in a field just behind Sam's Club. It's the little things I have to appreciate from a meteorological standpoint.



My car enjoying the Mammatus view!

1 comment:

Dann Cianca said...

At least you got out at all. I didn't even have a log for that day.